CommVault and the Dell Partnership
CommVault and Dell joined forces to create a fully integrated, automated and flexible approach to data and information management. Combining Simpana® software with Dell technologies has enabled dramatic operational efficiencies, unsurpassed recovery management and helps reduce up to 90% of backup and archive data on disk and tape through Simpana software's embedded deduplication, supporting enterprise data centers, remote offices and laptops. Archiving is simple, efficient and cost-effective with CommVault® software and Dell, enabling enterprise-wide storage management and e-Discovery capabilities with solutions for email, collaboration, file systems and Network Attached Storage (NAS) data.
Making it Easier to Deliver Value
Simpana 9 provides Dell customers with high-performance, low-cost backup and restore capabilities that are easy to use and can scale with increasing data protection requirements. Dell makes it easy to purchase, deploy and manage CommVault solutions with special bundling, streamlined licensing, 3-year upgrade protection and Dell services.
In addition to our OEM relationship, Dell is an authorized CommVault Reseller, which gives Dell customers access to the complete lineup of CommVault solutions through Dell's Software and Peripherals program.
For more than 26 years, Dell has empowered countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust Dell to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they're at home, work, school or anywhere in their world.
Dell Modern Data Protection
CommVault and Dell make it possible for enterprises to overcome complex data management challenges and reduce costs resulting from exponential data growth and sprawling virtualized environments. Simpana® software is a single product that helps you easily manage data in virtualized environments for both Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware platforms.
Our partnership with Dell creates new advances in data management:
- Dell Compellent and CommVault software ensure high availability and continuous data protection from initial write to offsite archive, and together they provide time-consistent snapshots using Data Instant Replay for Windows applications and VMware VMs
- Dell EqualLogic technology and Simpana software are integrated to provide unified creation, access, and control of application-consistent snapshots from a single interface
- The Dell DX Object Storage Platform leverages Simpana software to deliver a Retention Lifecycle Management (RLM) solution to meet all of your data management needs through a single architecture, single pane of glass across all locations
- Dell's PowerVault™ family coupled with Simpana software delivers reliable, cost-effective data and information management for any environment. Key platforms include:
- The Dell PowerVault DL2300, powered by CommVault, delivers an industry-leading all-in-one, backup to disk solution in an appliance format, integrating server, storage and backup software. This backup to disk appliance is ideal for large data backup, enterprise deduplication and active archiving to satisfy regulatory and compliance requirements.
- The Dell DR 4000 coupled with CommVault Simpana software delivers advanced disk backup and disaster recovery. This solution optimizes data management while reducing reliance on tape backups. View detailed configuration information.
|Dell Related CommVault Press Releases|