— Global OEM Partnership Delivers Support for New Advances in Virtual Server Protection, Global Embedded De-Duplication, and Enhanced Data Protection for Enterprise and Midmarket Customers —
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation (NYSE: HIT) — SANTA CLARA, Calif. — and CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, N.J. — May 12, 2009
- Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (NYSE: HIT) and the only provider of Services Oriented Storage Solutions, and CommVault (NASD: CVLT) today announced the Hitachi Data Protection Suite 8.0, powered by CommVault.
- Available immediately from Hitachi Data Systems, this software is part of the integrated data protection solutions portfolio and includes enhancements in recovery operations, simplified license management, and remote office protection as well as new advances in virtual server protection, data de-duplication, recovery management and content organization.
- The Hitachi Data Protection Suite 8.0, powered by CommVault leverages the CommVault® Simpana® 8.0 software suite and reinforces the longstanding OEM partnership between Hitachi Data Systems and CommVault.
- Key enhancements of the Hitachi Data Protection Suite 8.0 include:
- Virtualized Environments Data Protection — With virtual client support for VMware Infrastructure and Microsoft® Hyper-V, the next generation platform includes multiple recovery options of virtualized environments. Auto discovery helps eliminate time consuming manual processes while ensuring users meet their protection and recovery service level agreements.
- Global Embedded Data De-duplication — Hitachi Data Protection Suite, powered by CommVault expands the benefits of block level de-duplication across an entire organization's backup and archive copies from disk to tape, resulting in cost efficient scaling and performance across the entire data management infrastructure.
- Remote Office Protection — The platform provides multiple options for protecting business critical data at distributed remote and branch office locations, facilitating WAN efficiencies, rapid recovery, and reduced risk and cost of downtime. Centralized, automated policies applied to data residing on workstations and laptops help facilitate compliance and search for rapid e-Discovery of orphaned, backup and archived data.
Organizations of all sizes are striving to improve their data protection operations.
- Rapidly growing data volumes, shrinking backup windows, and increasing demands for data availability are driving the demand for enhanced solutions.
- The new Hitachi Data Protection Suite, powered by CommVault provides organizations a holistic data management solution that helps them protect critical information, reduce storage CAPEX and OPEX, reclaim primary storage space, improve service level agreements and provide a higher level of business continuity.
- "Our biggest software release to date, CommVault's Simpana 8.0 software is built on a singular, unified platform," said Dave West, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, CommVault. "With the new features and backup and recovery performance enhancements in CommVault Simpana 8, Hitachi Data Protection Suite 8.0 can help IT professionals reduce the amount of data under management, address the growing cost of storage management and simplify the operations of their storage environments."
- "The Hitachi Data Protection Suite 8.0 can help solve customer data protection challenges with one platform, one common technology engine, one dashboard in one comprehensive solution," said Eric-Jan Schmidt, Vice President of Corporate Marketing, Hitachi Data Systems. "By combining industry leading Hitachi storage systems and CommVault's sophisticated data management software, we continue to build upon the worldwide success of our partnership to deliver a fully unified solution to our customers."
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation provides Services Oriented Storage Solutions that enable heterogeneous storage to be dynamically provisioned according to business needs and centrally managed via industry leading Hitachi storage virtualization software. With over 4,000 employees, and as an integral part of the Hitachi Storage Solutions group, Hitachi Data Systems delivers storage infrastructure platforms, storage management software, and storage consulting services through direct and indirect channels in over 170 countries and regions. Its customers include nearly 60 percent of the top 100 companies on the Fortune 500®. For more information, visit the company's Web site at http://www.hds.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT/TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 390,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2007 (ended March 31, 2008) consolidated revenues totaled 11,226 billion yen ($112.2 billion). The company offers a wide range of systems, products and services in market sectors including information systems, electronic devices, power and industrial systems, consumer products, materials, logistics and financial services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's Web site at http://www.hitachi.com.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©2009, Hitachi is a registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Hitachi Data Systems is a registered trademark and service mark of Hitachi, Ltd. in the United States and other countries. ©1999-2009 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell and ROMS, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.