— VMware vStorage APIs for Data Protection Improve Data Backup, Recovery and Archive in Virtualized Environments —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — July 13, 2010
- CommVault® Simpana® software is now VMware Ready™ for VMware vSphere™ 4.1, the latest release of the company's virtualization platform, to further reinforce the benefits of virtualized environments, including reduced costs, improved hardware utilization and increased operational efficiencies.
- Additionally, CommVault announces seamless integration with the VMware vStorage APIs for Data Protection (VADP), which is VMware's next-generation data protection framework, enabling centralized, off-host, LAN-free backups of VMware vSphere virtual machines. CommVault customers now can leverage VADP to perform centralized virtual machine backups without the disruption and overhead of running backup tasks from inside each virtual machine.
- CommVault can assist customers in taking advantage of new processes in VMware vSphere for backing up, recovering and archiving data while reducing the time, resources and overhead typically required to protect virtual environments.
- CommVault's commitment to providing simple and efficient virtual infrastructure protection, which includes VMware software interoperability with Simpana software's Universal Virtual Server Agent to protect systems, applications and user data residing on virtual machines running VMware vSphere. Additionally, CommVault's holistic approach to data management reduces administration while advanced capabilities further enhance virtualized environments with encryption, compression as well as embedded deduplication for optimized, efficient storage utilization.
Tweet This: @CommVault announces @VMware Ready support for VMware vSphere 4.1 http://bit.ly/tHOP
CommVault Customer Bolsters Disaster Recovery with Simpana Software & VMware VADP
- According to Brian Secrist, network engineer and administrator at Meridian Joint School District No.2, CommVault's seamless integration with VADP is expected to be instrumental in simplifying the protection of the district's fast-growing virtual infrastructure.
- "The time and resources required to back up and recover our virtual machines is significant, but based on initial testing we expect CommVault's full support of VMware vSphere 4.1. and VADP to dramatically reduce this. We appreciate how CommVault and VMware have partnered to elevate data protection and solve their customers' IT problems. Moreover, CommVault's singular product architecture and integrated modules provide us with a completely unified, end-to-end data management solution with no compromises."
- David West, vice president of marketing and business development for CommVault:
"CommVault is committed to improving the management and protection of virtualized environments by working closely with VMware to deliver seamless, scalable and reliable data protection and disaster recovery solutions. We will continue to be on the forefront by ensuring that Simpana software supports the latest VMware vSphere™ and VADP releases to help customers drive more value from their virtualized infrastructures."
- Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware:
"By combining CommVault Simpana software with VMware vSphere™ 4.1, enterprises can achieve improved data protection while simplifying the management of rapidly growing virtualized environments. CommVault's singular approach to information management provides scalable disaster recovery and business continuity, which is ideal for customers as they lay the foundation for cloud computing."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Mware and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.